Thursday, 15 January 2015

Magazine analysis

Here I have started my secondary research, I have analysed a music magazine because it will be different to the style of magazine I will be making for my project therefore I can point out the differences and similarities to help me get a better understanding of techniques to use.
I have chosen to aim my magazine or leaflet at teenage girls, to reasoning for this is because I will be able to focus on a certain theme, for example to colours and font; I can imagine it will be different to Kerrang!

This magazine is more similar to the one I will be creating. This has more text than the music magazine, it is also more colourful. I think this is because of the audience it is aimed at, which is mostly women/teenage girls. However similarly they both use interesting subheadings and buzz words to grab the readers attention. It's quite informal therefore makes the reader feel as though they are having a conversation with the writer which is ideal for a gossip magazine.
If I could change anything about this magazine page spread it would be how amount of text of the pages; I think it looks quite busy and untidy, I wouldn't know where to look first or what to read whereas the text on the contents page on the Kerrang magazine is more broken up and clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment