This is my focus group, I asked a group of 5 people to look at each of these magazine covers and discuss what they thought of them. For example I asked them how different the cosmopolitan and vogue magazines were in comparison to the total politics magazines. I also asked which ones they preferred and why, also who they think each magazine was aimed at and why.
One of my class mates thought number 3 was very similar to 1 and 4 and she was shocked when she realised that it was in fact the same magazine as 2. Another class mate then suggested that it was because they realised that number 2 didn't interest that many people because it is quite dull therefore attempted to make the cover more approachable to the younger generation. This shows how magazines can look similar and attract the same type of audience yet have a completely different content. This is what I will be trying to achieve in this project.




No comments:
Post a Comment