Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Voting

The task
In this task we wen't on http://voteforpolicies.org.uk and took part in a survey to find out what party we should be voting for, I selected four policy issues and for each one there were 6 policy sets, we then clicked on what policy we thought was best. At the end of the survey the two political parties that said I should be voting for were Conservative or Labour.
We have been asked to find ways of making the younger generation get involved with politics and sign up to vote. In previous lessons we made eye catching posters in different art styles in the hope to get younger people to vote. A couple of posters have been chosen to go around the college to be apart of the appeal.

What I knew before
I am not very involved in politics myself, I know about certain political parties and their policies however after this lesson I now understand why it is so important for the younger generation to vote or at least register. By this happening politicians will be able to do more to interest more people.
I also found out about Conservatives policies for example they say they will be cutting income tax for over 25 million people, saving the typical taxpayer £705 a year. That means hardworking people keep more of the money they earn and are better able to provide for their families


No comments:

Post a Comment