Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Focus group

For this task we did a focus group for tasting cookies. Whilst doing this task we realised that carrying out a focus group for these questions were good because it meant that we were able to do it a lot quicker than if we were to fill in a survey and because we were speaking it was more detailed because we were just saying what we initially thought. I think by doing a focus group we were able to state our opinions more because are I stated earlier we could just say what we thought. However there were some negatives of doing a focus group, for example people could not clearly state their opinion if they are just speaking, they may change their mind and waffle on, it might be difficult to understand and hear the voices in the audio clip.  Another con is that it might take a wile for the researcher to collect all of the information if they have to listen to each audio clip.


Before doing this task I didn't know much about focus groups and what data they were used to collect however now I understand in much more detail and I thought it was a lot more informal and interesting to do.

Appearance?

Does it make you interested in politics?

Does it grab your attention?

Style?


This is my final poster. After printing it out in A3 I have realised that I have made a couple of mistakes, for example the triangles in the middle are wonky which could make the poster look untidy. Some of the edges are not straight which I didn’t realise before printing it. If I were to do this task again I would make sure I zoomed in a lot to make the edges and triangles to look neat.



























This is the focus group that took place, each of the students at Bath College took time to look at the four posters and analyse them. You will see that from this audio clip you can hear the students saying what they like and what they didn't like about the posters. They also discussed which ones were more effective and why.







No comments:

Post a Comment