Sunday, 8 March 2015

Directors


‘I like my films to be visceral – to burst right through the door at the beginning’

Danny Boyle is an English film director, producer, screenwriter and theatre director, known for his work on films such as Shallow Grave, Trainspotting, The Beach, 28 Days Later, Slumdog Millionaire, and 127 Hours.
I found a video of Danny discussing how his style of film is influenced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvvxnhstDIg

At a point in the video he discusses how film directors come up with the ideas of a film and he says, ‘’you discover it as you go along” this depicts that he feels that you don’t need to stick to a specific schedule and you should pick up ideas and inspiration on the way.


Sir Ridley Scott is an English film director and producer. He is best known for his atmospheric and concentrated visual style.
In his own words: “I’m a filmmaker, not a documentarian. I try to hit the truth.”

“Scott was one of the first to make the crossover, developing his ability to sell a product in 30 seconds into a knack for selling a story in 100 minutes.”

Even without dialogue, a Ridley Scott film is recognised by the use of lighting, shadow, wide shots and extreme detail.

THE ADVENTURE BEGINS clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3pvcVWnedc



COMPARE AND CONTRAST

Ridley Scott has a more recognisable style, it appears that people can separate his films from others purely because of the camera angles. When I looked back at my film I thought about some shots that I could’ve done differently with inspiration of Ridley and I decided that wide shots could’ve been used in my film.

Example of wide shots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHcHYisZFLU

No comments:

Post a Comment